In this episode of the podcast, sponsored by L3Harris, Chief Ron Siarnicki, executive director of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF), reflects on his 20-plus years with the Foundation and what’s next for him personally after so many years working with firefighter families.
The chief, who recently announced his upcoming retirement – but not his successor (yet) – details the Foundation’s extraordinary evolution since 2001, when 9/11 forever changed its course; shares his 9/11 story – the early NYC setup, the often-disbelieved story of the unlimited credit card, the Foundation’s ongoing support to FDNY; and offers a key reminder to his successor.
Plus, we get into all this:
- Building resilience in a role focused on fatalities
- The Life Safety Initiative with the most impact
- How his “builder” mindset helped him throughout his career
- Don’t miss: The person who had the biggest impact on his career
- Episode power quote: “We have to be open and supportive and not be threatened by those who come behind us. You gotta take somebody under your wing somewhere along the way.”
- Hot seat sneak peek: The chief’s apparatus collection – yes, collection
Resources we mentioned on the show
Connect with us
Email email@example.com to share your feedback!
Enjoying the show? Please take a moment to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts.