The West End Volunteer Fire Department will hold an open house event on Sunday, Aug. 1, at the DeBorgia Firehall.
Those interested in becoming firefighters or emergency medical technicians will be able to learn more about training and requirements to help serve their community.
The day will include events for kids, too, and lunch will be provided.
The event will run from 12 p.m. until 5 p.m., rain or shine, and there will be something for all ages!
- Fire trucks, fire trucks, and more fire trucks to explore;
- Speakers from Montana State University, Rick Paulson and a representative from the U.S. Forest Service;
- Spectator use of a portable fire extinguisher putting out a simulated fire.
- Firefighter turnout gear and Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) demonstrations.
- Complimentary lunch provided, refreshments, pulled pork, salads, water and soda.
- Station Tour
- Fire Prevention material and literature for the family.
- We will have information on becoming a firefighter and its
The West End Fire Department handles almost 200 emergency calls for assistance annually [fire, EMS, crash rescue and search rescue] and is proud to sponsor this event and answer any questions community residents may have relating to firefighter recruitment and fire prevention.